development


these are more works dedicated to developing this fairly unique living shape thing I have and also to experiment with painting and backgrounds.

the first painting was very fast paced and very spur of the moment, although I like having this freedom with the paint I don't feel this worked as successfully as the second painting, because it is more controlled the detail brings out the liveliness of the piece and give it added depth as apposed to the first painting which I feel feels a little flat. I have been looking a lot at alex gray he does mainly psychedelic imagery using very bold coulors he usesd a lot faces in his art work and I feel I may try to incorporate a face or some facial freatures within these somewhere as nothing convey emotion more thamn a face.

alex greys work lives in many different contexts but I feel the main one is a commercial context as he sells his prints on t-shirts and you see a few of them on album covers, I think my work would be successful in a commercial context for example if I was to print on t-shirts I think my bold graphic style would translate well. this is something I intend to experiment with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

artist research

henry rousseau

crit