final paintings


these painting are the final stage in my developmental process

the first painting is on acrylic on a very large canvas I decided to incorporate the face as it can convey the emotion of stress I am trying to get across I wanted it to look as if the face was being torn apart by stress. I used many layers of paint in order to portray this flesh like tone which makes it feel more real.
in my second painting I did this on a very large wall as I was inspired by the lack of boundary and in making the painting bigger it enabled me to include so much more detail in this which is something I feel has been missing in my work I wanted this one to have more masculine features as beauty is not something I wanted to be important within this piece. both of these I have just painted a white background as I feel this makes my figure stand out and become its own life not relying on a background to make it seem grounded. my main inspiration was francis bacon his painting of distorted paintings are phenomenal and crazy I love everything about them I wanted my painting to have a little more control over them.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

artist research

henry rousseau

crit