exhibition

I visited the Rodney graham exhibition at the Baltic in which he has displayed a very large series of photographs in which he is in every single one in a different costume and scene the work is entitled "that's not me " the images are both amusing and complex and have all been displayed on giant light boxes. I loved the personal touch he added in his work by putting himself in all the photos I feel I would like to do a similar thing with in my paintings but not in a self portrait kind of way in a more emotions way.

although the photos are just still life they have so much movement and because they are so big you almost feel like you are inside the photograph which is a insane euphoric feeling before this I had never thought about making my paintings much bigger but now I want my audience to feel the same way I did when I was standing in front of those large photos. I intend to experiment with size in an effort to make the audience feel part of the art.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

artist research

henry rousseau

crit