assesment post

"if you can talk about it, why paint it "-francis bacon

throughout my work I always try to explore things that either don't make sense to me or things I cant or wont talk about myself. I often find it very difficult to talk about my art work because sometimes its not all that clear in my mind I think if something is meaningful and worth painting then you shouldn't be able to talk about it with such ease.

I have also experimented with the context of my work throughout this semester by putting it in gallery spaces I realised my work does fit in to a gallery context however I feel it only works as a series and not as stand alone painting I feel that onw alone is not quite powerful. I have also discovered my work can belong in a public context as well by displaying it at a local barbershop.

the main objective of my work was to develop it and push it in to something new and exiting for me to paint and explore I feel I have achieved this and have realised that this is a good work ethic for me to have obtained to not stop developing. I feel in the future either taking my artwork to the commercial context would be a good next step for me or maybe even sculpture bringing my figures truly to life. the main themes within my art work is stress and a flesh like figure something living and yet abstract.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

artist research

henry rousseau

crit